Thursday, July 12, 2012

July 8, 2012

The most exciting day of Jer and my life thus far was July 8, 2012, just this past Sunday. It started out just like every other morning lately. I couldn't sleep so I snuggled up next to my husband and woke him up much earlier than he would've liked. I talked him into going on a walk with me at 7 in the morning. It was so nice outside and it felt good to get up and do something instead of sitting around the house doing nothing. We walked down to the high school at the end of the street and back. By the time we got back home I was having contractions more frequently than I had before. They became consistently every 5-7 minutes around 9 am. Our doctor had told us at our appointment on Friday not to wait till the contractions were 5 minutes apart and just to get to the hospital when they were 10 minutes because I was already dilated to a 5. My contractions weren't painful though, so I waited a while thinking that the pain would come. It didn't, but we decided to just head to the hospital anyways, just to be safe. We checked in at 11:30 am still dilated to a 5 with contractions every 2.5-3 minutes. We went on few walks around the labor and delivery floor until the doctor came at 1:30 to break my water. After losing a whole lot of water, I was dilated to a 7 and the pain of the contractions finally kicked in. We walked around a little more, but had to pause and breathe through each contraction this time. After 2 hours I was pretty sure this baby was ready to come out so we called the doctor in to check. Sure enough she was more than ready. The doctor told me to push on the next contraction and her little head poked out. I remember hearing the nurses, doctor and Jer commenting on how much dark hair she had. After the second push her heart rate dropped really low. The doctor told me she had to come out on the next push, so on the third push she was out. I remember being so relieved when she was out and the pain was instantly gone.  I heard her sweet little cry and couldn't believe my eyes when they handed her over to me and laid her on my chest. Such a perfect, beautiful baby girl. I will never forget the sweet feeling of having her on my chest, big-eyed and alert, soaking everything in. I think the most tender moment was when she wrapped her little fingers around the heart-shaped pendant on my necklace that Jeremy gave me on our wedding day.
After we had our few minutes of heaven in the labor and delivery room with our beautiful little girl we were separated for a little bit. I went down to our room on the second floor and ate my first meal of the day while Jer went with Adda to have her first bath and round of tests done.
Adda had lots of visitors right away with both of our families driving up from St. George to be there to meet her. She met grandparents and aunts and uncles and cousins first. It was so fun to watch everyone come and see her and hold her and love her. There is just something about a newborn that brings a special spirit into the room. We are so grateful that our families were willing to come from near and far to be with us that afternoon and evening. We are also blessed with some great friends that came to meet her that night too. She is one lucky and loved little angel!
July 8, 2012 was definitely a good day.

Packing to go to the hospital

Getting checked in

One excited to-be daddy

I'm here!

So tiny! 5 pounds 15 oz 18 inches



Holding onto my necklace that her daddy gave me

First family picture



Hey! What're you lookin at?? Haha:)

4 comments:

  1. I love her! Oh my goodness she is so beautiful!! I'm glad everything went smooth! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun to read all about it! Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a really good labor experience! Did you do any natural birthing classes/books?... I did hypnobirthing and had a good experience too :) Cute little Adda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a really good experience, I'm very grateful it went so well. We didn't do any classes because Jer was working out of town and I was working full time in SLC and really wasn't sure if I was doing it natural or not till that weekend. I didn't read any books either really...prolly should've, but just didn't make the time for it. It turned out okay though thankfully even without being very prepared.

      Delete