Thursday, July 5, 2012

4th of July Fun

We had a fantastic 4th of July! Fun random fact for everyone...this 4th of July was the 5 year anniversary of our first kiss:)
This year we went to Midway for their annual 4th of July sunrise program and breakfast with my grandparents. We went last year and really enjoyed it so we decided to go back again this year. It was so good to spend some time with Grandma Linda and Grandpa John!  We love Midway!




When we got home from Midway we decided to take a long (2.25 mile) walk to the gas station and back to buy Icees with our spare change. This is one of our favorite things to do when we have an afternoon with nothing to do and the weather is nice enough.



And to finish the day off 4th of July style we headed over to Jer's aunt and uncle's house for a BBQ, badmitten, and fireworks. I didn't participate in the badmitten game (I was a little sore from our walk earlier), so I was the photographer and cheerleader. I also bounced on the trampoline a little to see if Adda wanted to be a 4th of July baby. I couldn't really jump too much though for fear of losing control of my bladder haha.
The fireworks show was pretty impressive with the combination of the city's fireworks close by, the neighbor's impressive show next door, and our own fireworks set off by Anna's husband Ken.
It was a perfect 4th of July and I was so grateful to have Jeremy home. My plans before he decided to come home were to go to work, come home and go to bed early. Pathetic, I know. Sure glad he was here so it could be a real holiday!









No comments:

Post a Comment