Thursday, July 19, 2012

A Slight Spider Problem

So we've had a slight spider problem in our apartment for a little while now. We see little spiders crawling here and there all the time, but we just kept saying to ourselves that we're moving soon and they're just little guys so it's more annoying than anything else. That changed Sunday night, or I guess Monday morning at 4 in the morning. I was sitting in the living room feeding Adda when I saw a HUGE spider dart across the hall. A second later I saw another one. Then a second later I saw either the first or second come back into the hallway and pause. I jumped up (with Adda still attached and sucking away) and went around into the kitchen to grab a glass to trap the spider under. I successfully trapped the monster and then went back to feeding Adda. When she was done I went into the bedroom and Jer kinda woke up enough for me to tell him that I trapped a spider the size of Adda under a glass and he needed to do something about it in the morning. He ended up getting out of bed to grab something for me and decided to take a gander at the spider he didn't think could possibly be that big or scary. "Ho-ly cow" was what I heard from the bedroom and then a very scared Jeremy came back and jumped up on the bed scared to death of this spider. I'm not much of a spider expert and was sleep deprived and didn't care to become a spider expert until at least the next morning, but my husband got on his Ipod and started doing some research about this spider. Apparently it was a Hobo spider, one of the three most poisonous spiders found in Utah. Who knew. Jer learned a lot more about this little guy, but that was enough for me and I didn't let him share any other scary info with me. He wanted to go get a hotel immediately when I told him I knew there was another in the house, but we decided to wait until morning and just keep Adda away from the floor until then. As soon as we heard our landlord moving around upstairs we made him come down and look at the spider and told him we needed the place sprayed ASAP.
While our house was being fumigated my mom came up and took Adda and me up to my sister, Cassidy's, house. We had a lot of fun hanging out up there. Rylee and Miles were SO cute with Adda. They both wanted to hold her a lot. Rylee would whisper "It's okay sweetheart, it's okay" to her and kiss her cheeks and head. Miles would point at her and talk to her in his own language that I'm sure she could understand too. Rylee also went and got her baby doll and wrapped her up like I had Adda wrapped up and held her like I was holding Adda while sitting next to me. So cute!
We stayed just the one night and then came back to our apartment when it was safe and spider free. Thanks Cass for letting us come hang out with you guys!
This picture doesn't do him justice at all. He's huge and has big scary fangs too!



Cute matching cousins in purple shirts:)

1 comment:

  1. Very cute pics, except for the spider one of course!

    ReplyDelete