Sunday, July 14, 2013

Father's Day Flop...

This year for Father's Day we were going to be in St. George for Christian's homecoming talk, so I told Jer we would celebrate Father's Day early for him.  I wanted to plan something so fun that he wouldn't mind being in St. George for the actual day.  I thought long and hard about what to do, or I guess I knew we were going camping, I just didn't know where. I wanted to go somewhere close that we hadn't been before. I did a little research and stumbled on Utah Lake. I thought it would be a blast to go camping there and then play in the water, maybe even rent a canoe or peddle boat. So I reserved a spot and made all the arrangements.  We got out there and it started out okay. Adda was a little fussy, but not horrible.  We took a walk to the beach and got camp set up.  Then Adda lost it.  We tried putting her to bed while it was still light outside and she wasn't having it. She basically just screamed forever.  I felt so bad for Jer, because it was supposed to be a really fun camping trip for him and it was turning miserable for both of us. At 9:30 we finally decided we'd had enough and we were starting to get eaten alive by mosquitoes so we gave up and headed home:-( So disappointing!










No comments:

Post a Comment